Waiting for sister #4!

Waiting for sister #4!

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Tomorrow!

Tomorrow is the day that a sweet little girl will no longer have to do life alone. She will have a mommy and daddy and sisters that will surround her with the love and care that every child should be able to have. We are scheduled to get Evie at 2 o'clock our time tomorrow. That is midnight Nebraska time. I am so excited for that first moment of seeing her and touching her and hugging her. Having done this before I realize what a special moment that is. I am praying for her and her heart. It makes me feel sad when I think about the trauma that she has been through in her life. She spent the first 18 months of her life in an orphanage. Then she was put into a foster home and we found out today that she was put back into the orphanage in mid December. That makes me want to run to her and go get her right now. But, I am thankful that tomorrow is finally the day! I am praying that she won't be too scared. I am praying that she will be able to accept us and our love for her. I am praying that she will be able to trust us. And I am thanking Jesus that he called us to adopt and has given us the opportunity to do it!

3 comments:

  1. So excited! Sad to hear shes back in an orphanage but so glad you guys are there to get her and give her love and a family. Luvs! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will pray, too! Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for immeasurably more than you could ask or imagine.
    It is so hard on a momma's heart to hear your child was moved back to the orphanage. When this happened to Daniel, I was devasted. Looking back it really did help our initial bonding. I am praying it will help Evie bond with you also.

    ReplyDelete