Waiting for sister #4!

Waiting for sister #4!

Friday, January 23, 2015

Medical check

Yesterday I did get to go to the orphanage and foster home. It was an incredible experience. I took Callie and Sydney. And our friend Jenny came along too. I learned a lot and I know my girls learned a lot just by experiencing all of that. The nannies at the orphanage and her foster mom all really liked Evie. They all said she had a sweet and calm personality. So we are waiting to see that calm personality! :) I wrote more about our experiences there but I will share more of that in a post at a later time.

Matt and I both have had some sort of stomach bug. Matt had it two nights ago and then I got it last night. Matts was very short-lived. I still don't feel well and I feel very weak and tired. But, I took enough medicine to be able to go to Evie's medical check this morning. She actually did way better than I expected her to. The hardest part is when they did the blood draw for the TB test. The other girls stayed at the hotel with Jenny and were able to swim and play instead of go to the medical check. It has been so helpful to have Jenny here to help with the other girls that we asked her if she would stay a few more days. So she has changed her flights and she is going to go home on Wednesday instead of tomorrow. She is incredibly sweet with the girls and is very helpful and will do whatever we want her to do. Especially since Matt and I have not felt well on a couple of days it's nice to have another adult to help. Although, I do have my Sydney and she is super helpful! She has taken it upon herself to always keep our hotel room really picked up and clean. I am so appreciating that.

Emma stared vomiting this afternoon, too. Lord, have mercy! Please pray for health and that nobody else gets sick!

I can tell that Evie is starting to trust us more. She has more times of happy than sad now. When we first got her, even playing with a balloon would scare her. But last night we were playing with a balloon with her and she was laughing her head off! That's so nice to see. She has a great laugh. Today we went to another grocery store and she cried a lot of that time, but she eventually settled down which was nice to see too. Maybe she is realizing that we will take care of her and it will be okay? She has sweet moments and sweet smiles and likes to snuggle into us. She still has times of crying and it's hard to console her but hopefully that will get less and less every day. Her biggest issue right now is when she needs to go to sleep. She probably cries for an hour to go to sleep. Her foster mom said that she just laid her down in her crib to go to sleep, but there's no way she would do that for us. I also found out from her foster mom that the sweet little bracelet she was wearing was from the foster mom's biological daughter. She made it for her and it means have a long happy life. I thought that was so sweet!


We walked to a huge, beautiful park near our hotel and took this tram around the park.

Evie eats noodles a couple time a day. She really knows how to suck them in her mouth. So cute to watch!

Snuggling on the bus to the medical check.

She decided to venture into a room on her own and look out the window.




She decided riding on daddy's should in the market was a fun thing. The market was in this huge, super nice mall. I cannot even describe how busy that mall was. Tons of people. Even our guide was taking pictures of all the people. She had never seen it so busy. But, they thought because it's close to Chinese New Year that people were out shopping a lot.

And snuggles on the way home on the bus.

Appetizing to anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment