Waiting for sister #4!

Waiting for sister #4!

Monday, January 19, 2015

Gotcha Day

What a relief to finally have her! The last few hours have been fun but exhausting for all of us. She has great smiles and laughs occasionally (she has an adorable laugh) but also has outbursts of just crying and seems scared. I feel like we can already tell that she will come around pretty quickly. That big room where lots of kids are being handed to families is pretty overwhelming. There were lots of tears there, Evie seemed to handle it pretty well, although she was pretty scared. One completely unexpected and heartbreaking thing is Emma had a really hard time being there. She was crying and really wanted to leave and get back to the hotel. I don't know if she was just completely overwhelmed or if she had some sort of memory that came back to her. She got over it and is fine now, that was just very unexpected and unlike her and it broke my heart. 

I can't wait to watch Evie blossom over the next few days. I know that she is in shock now and not the girl that we will see in a few days. I know that she walks because we have seen it in a video, but we haven't seen her walk yet. (Correction...just as soon as I typed that she started walking! Ha!) She was walking back and forth being very silly. :)

I am praying for a very good night of sleep for her and all of us!! She is very gassy and has runny diapers and is running a fever. :(

2 comments:

  1. Praise God! One less! I know the Lord has directed your path, thanking you for your obedience when it was scarey, when it was confusing and when it didn't make sense. Seeing her precious smiles gives me a glimpse of the Father's heart. Praise Him who calls out into the deep waters.
    Praying for healing over Evie. That she would sleep well. Also praying for you all to rest in His peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! She is beautiful! What a great smile! She looks like she is fitting in already. Will pray for the next few days of adjustment. Poor Emma. I wonder what she was thinking but glad she is fine now. Welcome to the family Evie!

    ReplyDelete