Waiting for sister #4!

Waiting for sister #4!

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Results of being adopted...

I remembered reading these results of being adopted by God when we adopted Emma. I read them again and thought I would apply them to my Evie also. God has blessed us so much by Evie already. And just thinking about the amount of love we have for our adopted daughter makes me just marvel about how much more love our Heavenly Father has for all his adopted children.

Results of being adopted by God:

1. We have the privilege of calling God “Father” and of being called his children.
2. We have the security that God deliberately chose us and included us, not based upon anything we bring to the deal, but by his unsearchable love!
3. We have become members of a family with all the joys and blessings of being included. Scripture consistently uses familial terms to describe our relationships in this new Kingdom. We are brothers and sisters, God is our Father, Jesus our older brother.
4. We have the indwelling Holy Spirit who bears witness that we are, indeed, children of God and leads us in life.
5. As his children we are given many, many good gifts.
6. We receive discipline from God, as any beloved child does.

Similar results for dear, precious Evie Lu:

1. She gets to call us mommy and daddy and we get to call her daughter.
2. She has the security of knowing we chose her and we will love her as one of our own!
3. She gets to be part of a family. I think about that as she still has trouble going to sleep. I wonder if she is scared to not be in our arms because she feels the love of a family now. She loves to snuggle in and be in our arms. I wonder if she's scared to give that up by going to sleep? 
Plus, she now has three older sisters that absolutely adore her and love her to pieces.
4. I can't exactly give her the holy spirit, but I can pray for her and teach her the way to truth so she can spend eternity in heaven with me. :)
5. She will receive many good gifts, too. The gift of love and a family and acceptance, etc, etc. She is a priceless gift to us too!
6. She will receive loving discipline from 2 parents that love her and want to train her to love Jesus herself.

I am so thankful that God has chosen us to be able to experience the gift of adoption twice!! All of of children are such precious giftsn

No comments:

Post a Comment