Waiting for sister #4!

Waiting for sister #4!

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Itinerary for China


Traveling to get my baby is only a few days away!  I can't believe it!  It is such a wonderful, strange, exciting, emotional time!  Just ask Matt...I have experienced every emotion possible right now.  There has been so much to think about and plan for.  I hope I have thought about it all! :)  I started packing today.  I am usually really good at packing and am very last minute about it.  Not this time!  I am starting early and packing so much different.  Almost everything is going into ziploc bags or space saver bags.  It's amazing what you can get into a ziploc!  The girls are super excited to pack and be helpful too.  We made Emma's crib tonight and the whole family was helping and of course, I got teary. :)  It is just hard to believe this is actually happening and we are putting a room together for our new daughter!  Adoption is such a cool thing!!!

So, here is what will be happening on our very long trip to China...anyone out there willing to help pray us through it???  I would love if you would join us in praying through our trip.  I am so glad God knows everything that is going to happen and that He will direct us every step of the way.  I can get so overwhelmed with everything, but on the other hand I know I can rest in His plan for our lives.

  Jul 23 Monday           Go to Omaha
  Jul 24 Tuesday    Omaha
  Jul 25 Wednesday    Fly to Beijing
  Jul 26 Thursday    Arrive in Beijing in afternoon
  Jul 27 Friday            Tour Forbidden City
  Jul 28 Saturday    Tour Great Wall
  Jul 29 Sunday     Fly to Guangzhou
  Jul 30 Monday    GET EMMA!!!
  Jul 31 Tuesday          Registration and document notarization at the Civil Affairs Office
Aug 01 Wednesday    Apply for Emma’s passport 
Aug 02 Thursday    Free day 
Aug 03 Friday    Medical check for Emma
Aug 04 Saturday    Visa paperwork check 
Aug 05 Sunday Free day for optional activities 
Aug 06 Monday         TB result check in medical clinic 
Aug 07 Tuesday         Visa appointment and Oath taking ceremony 
Aug 08 Wednesday Visa pick up
Aug 09 Thursday Take train to Hong Kong
Aug 10         Friday Fly to Omaha
Aug 11         Saturday        Home!!

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.
                                      Proverbs 3:5-6 

5 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you and your family! Being an adopted child myself I know that God has blessed you with a precious baby girl to love and raise up in the admonition of the Lord. I will be praying for your safety and for everything to go smoothly. Love you guys..Vicki Richards

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you! I will be following your journey and lifting you up in prayer! Where are you staying in Guangzhou?Have a wonderful trip!! And just keep remembering all that you just posted, God is there with you every step of the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are SO excited for you guys! Having been through it myself, I know what a treat you are in for, and get goosebumps just thinking about this last leg of your journey of bringing Emma home. To her forever family. Your time in China with your whole family will be something you'll treasure forever, so savor every moment. We'll be praying for you constantly, knowing that God has BIG plans for sweet little Emma. He chose Emma as your daughter before the creation of the world. Our God is awesome! Have fun in Emma's birth-country and bring back lots of souvenirs. Remember to buy the local newspaper on her gotcha day. :) Hugs!!
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just going to china with your family is huge and so exciting. But to bring home a daughter is over the top. So happy for you and i will be praying for you. I will print off your Ininerary. Linda Bond

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori,
    I'm horrible about getting on line to do FB or reading blogs -- so I haven't done a good job keeping up with your blog. But, I've read it a few times and always loved your posts and loved hearing about the girls, the cute and sweet things they are doing, and your lives. I am so super happy for you and Matt that this adoption is happening (right now!!!) I've been praying for you that everything will go smoothly. Little Emma is so blessed to be joining your family. Much love, Amy Young (John & Kids)

    ReplyDelete