Waiting for sister #4!

Waiting for sister #4!

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Great day!

Emma has come alive this afternoon. This morning, I didn't know that she could crawl all around, stand on her own, push up to standing on her own, clap, wave, play with toys, babble, big, huge smiles, wonder where I am when I leave the room, walk with holding my hands, eat a couple bites of cereal, and totally interact with us. She does all of those things and it just happened about 4:00 this afternoon. I didn't realize how much shock she was in. She was totally wonderful and sweet before, but she didn't show signs of doing any of those things. She is just the sweetest thing ever! She has two new teeth today too, that have broken through since yesterday! I am sure that is what the fever was. No fever today. Poor girl. So many things all at once!

We went to the Civil Office again today and had two short interviews and had our picture taken for the adoption certificate. Then we went shopping at a very busy market for some supplies and came home (I guess we call it home!) for a nap. Then we all went swimming. They have a great huge outdoor pool. It was Emma's first time. She was tolerant of it…didn't love it, but was ok with it. When I took her inside after swimming is when she came alive. Was truly amazing to watch!

We took some adorable pictures today, but they will have to wait for tomorrow. We are all exhausted and it's time for bed!



2 comments:

  1. PRAISE GOD! What great news, Lori. Sounds like you're off to a fabulous start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori can you have Matt text pics of Emma and the girls to my I phone so I can show them off. Emma is so lucky to have you and Matt and Cody is so lucky to have Traci and Mike for parents there are so many kids out there that need the kind of Love and Support you kids will provide.I was having lunch with a guy that I am doing a basement for and we were talking about you when his daughter came with her girlfriend, as it turns out his daughter's girlfriend was adopted from Bogaria aproximately 14 years ago and when the family got her Terry said she spent 20 hrs a day in a crib and was fead once a day and that was crackers and Terry said that was just the way it is insome of those countrys. Makes me even more PROUDER OF YOU KIDS.

    ReplyDelete