Waiting for sister #4!

Waiting for sister #4!

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Adventure Begins!

Our big adventure starts tomorrow! I can't believe we are finally to the point of traveling to China to get our new daughter. It feels like it has taken forever to get to this point, but the last couple weeks have flown by! I wonder how many times we have said the words "China" and "Emma" in the last couple of weeks. It's been a ton! We all are so excited to meet her and to get to know her. 

Tomorrow, we fly out of Omaha at 6:40 in the morning. We fly from Omaha to Chicago and then Chicago to Beijing. I think the flight is like 14 hours. I am trying not to think about that too much! I hope I have enough planned for the girls to do. We have new movies and games on the IPad and snacks and surprise gifts that I am hoping will occupy a lot of their time. They seem pretty excited about the flight and we have tried to prepare them for how long it is going to be. I am praying for happy girls (and mommy and daddy) and for sleepy girls when they need to be! They haven't typically been sleepers in the car or other plane rides we have done, so I pray this trip is different! That is actually one of my biggest prayer requests....enough sleep! Sleep can affect moods and health so much, so lots of prayer needed in that department!

 

Since I am on prayer requests, you can still pray for Matt's back. He hurt it pretty bad on Sunday morning when he was running. Lyndsey Bilka was so nice and treated him on both Sunday and Monday and then my sister did therapy on him today. It is better than it was on Sunday, but he still has a long way to go in healing. He got a muscle relaxer yesterday, also. Kind of a funny thing is that this morning I thought I was taking my thyroid medicine and I took one of his muscle relaxers instead! Whoops! I have definitely been sleepy today! Maybe that was a good thing so I could relax and take a nap. :)

Below is a picture of the bags we are taking with us. It sure takes a lot of thought when packing for that long!



Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Phillipians 4:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment