Waiting for sister #4!

Waiting for sister #4!

Friday, July 20, 2012

Adopting at the Same Time!!

Wanna know something super cool?  At least I think it is anyway.  My sister and I are adopting kids at the same time.  Really.  At almost the exact same time.  It's kinda crazy, but super cool.  Our adoptions have been very different from each other.  She is adopting domestically and I am obviously adopting internationally.  Both kind of adoptions have their own stresses and a whole lot of waiting.  But, the waiting for both adoptions is almost over!!  It will be interesting to see what happens for sure.  Our "Gottcha Day" for Emma is July 30.  My sister's birth mom is due on August 1.  So close to each other.  We will be traveling to China to pick up our girl and Traci will be traveling to Florida to pick up her boy.  So exciting!!  When we get home, we will get to meet a new nephew! Yay!

I am so excited to be following Christ's example of adoption.  Just as He adopted me into His family, we are adopting little kiddos into our family.  Love that!


And anyone who welcomes a little child like this on my behalf is welcoming me.
                                 Matthew 18:5

1 comment:

  1. What a great picture, blog and gift from God. I am so glad your family is in our lives. What a treasure!

    ReplyDelete