Waiting for sister #4!

Waiting for sister #4!

Sunday, January 22, 2012

I am Here and I am Mommy!


As I sit here listening to my Callie cough and cough her croupy cough, I am completely exhausted….but so happy that I am here and that I am her mommy.

As I remember what happened last night with Sydney and cleaning up after her getting sick over and over last night….I am so happy that I am here for her and that I am her mommy.

Matt is in Brazil right now, where it is beautiful and sunny.  I am in Holdrege, Nebraska where it is freezing and drizzly….but I am so happy I am here and I get to be a mommy to my two precious girls.

Matt has the opportunity to travel to some pretty cool places for his job.  I am very blessed that I can travel with him if I choose to.  He really wanted me to go on this trip with him.  I kind of regretted not going with him when he left.  I love having that time together with just us and it would be fun to be in a beautiful place right now.  But I just didn’t feel right about me going this time.  I thought I should stay home with the girls.  So, the day after he leaves for Brazil, both girls get sick with different sicknesses!  It was an awful night last night with no sleep at all, but I couldn’t imagine being apart from them when they are both so sick.  As much as I hate cleaning up puke and watching them get sick, I feel so privileged to just be their mom and to be able to be the one that they snuggle with when they are sick.

So, tomorrow’s another day and I am sure that it will mean more cuddling with hot little bodies and eating saltine crackers and jello….but I am so happy that I am here with my babies and that I get to be their mommy!!!

Isaiah 41:10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I with strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.

Jesus, thank you for always being with me and encouraging me.  I need your strength and your help.  Thank you for holding me when I need you to!

3 comments:

  1. Praise God for providing the strength we need when things get messy! Love hearing your heart in this post. What a great attitude, when your hubby is away, and you get the honor of caring for your sick kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori! So sorry your girls have been sick! Hope they are feeling better! Thanks so much for leaving a comment on my blog! So nice to "meet" you! You have a beautiful family! I look forward to following your journey and sharing the time with you! It would wonderful to be in China together! Have a wonderful weekend! Melissa from www.eastheadswest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tears came to my eyes on this one! My girls were sick last week, and I had the same thoughts. Kalli was sick first, then Makayla, then Kalli got sick again about a week later. I was thinking it would be really nice to NOT have to deal with puke, etc. But it's so nice to be the one they snuggle with when they don't feel good. What precious little blessings we have!

    Love you,
    Evie

    ReplyDelete