Waiting for sister #4!

Waiting for sister #4!

Sunday, February 5, 2012

God's plan, not mine

What a strange last couple of days it has been! It definitely didn't go as I expected it. I guess God has different plans for our lives then what we sometimes plan. Matt took off work and Sydney took off school so we could go to Omaha to have my LASIK eye surgery on Friday. We went into the doctor on Friday morning all ready to have my surgery. One fun thing is that when we were going to pay for the surgery, she asked if we had insurance that offered a discount or an eye plan or something. I said no, but if you want to give me a discount just for being nice that would be ok. She said sure, just pretend that you told me your insurance offers a discount and gave me $550 off!! They did all the tests and stuff that I needed for surgery and then we just started waiting and waiting. There weren't too many people waiting with us, but then all of a sudden, they were putting a bunch of people out in the waiting room again. Even people that had already had their Valium! I was wondering what was going on, and then started hearing people say that the machine wasn't working. Sure enough, they were calling people back in to reschedule their surgeries. She said that this rarely happens, but did offer me an additional $200 off for the inconvenience. It was such a strange feeling the rest of the day because I was totally prepared to have surgery and not be shopping the rest of the day!

We decided at about 5:00 that we should probably get home instead of stay the night because of the blizzard they were predicting. So, we packed everything in a hurry and headed out the door. Callie, it seemed around that time starting running a fever. We had to stop to get gas and thought we could get some ibuprofen there to help Callie.  Of course they didn't have ibuprofen, so we went on to the next gas station to get some. That is when Callie "tossed her cookies" for the first time. We just turned right back around and headed back to my moms house. Thankfully, cause Callie got sick many times after that!

It seemed so strange. Why were we even in omaha? I was supposed to have surgery, but that didn't happen. We tried to leave, but that didn't happen either. I can't help but think that God wanted us  to go to Omaha....and He wanted us to stay there. I don't know if He was protecting us from something or what, but I trust that He had a plan for us and we were where we were supposed to be.


Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight.  Proverbs 3:5-6

1 comment:

  1. So sorry you weren't able to have surgery. Thankful you all are safe. Hope Callie is feeling better! Glad you are able to have peace about it all.

    ReplyDelete