Waiting for sister #4!

Waiting for sister #4!

Monday, February 6, 2012

Waiting

I don't know if there is another three year old that "gets" adoption better than Callie. She is so excited for her sister. She talks about her all the time to anyone who will listen! Tonight when I was rocking Callie, she grabbed my phone and said lets sing to Emma too. (Emma is my wallpaper on my phone.) So, we sang Emma several songs as Callie cradled her like a baby in her arms. It was so sweet. Then, she would talk to her and tell her that we were her family and we wanted to come and get her. She gave her lots of kisses and had me kiss her also. When I was putting Callie in bed she said, "Mommy, Emma is part of our family. She is an Allmand. I want to go get her now. She needs to be with us." (break my heart!)  I told her that we should be able to go get her when it is summer time. She seemed excited and satisfied with that, but then said, "Ok. Let's go get her tomorrow!"  Uugh. I wish baby girl!

Waiting is sooo hard! Every day I have the song in my head, "Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord, we will wait upon the Lord, we will wait upon the Lord...our God, your reign forever, our HOPE, our strong deliverer! You are the everlasting God...." I am so glad I have hope in Him and that He is in control, even when I don't understand it.  I keep thinking that He really wants me to be a strong person 'cause I have done a lot of waiting! She will be worth all the wait, though! :)

Isaiah 40:31  But those who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.

1 comment:

  1. Lori,
    I've loved reading your blog updates!!! I'll write more later!

    ReplyDelete