Waiting for sister #4!

Waiting for sister #4!

Saturday, August 4, 2012

River boat ride

This morning started with meeting with a Holt employee here about some paperwork and discussing some fun things to do for the rest of the trip. I am looking forward to the next couple of days with what we have planned.

Matt and Sydney went on an adventure to a grocery market to buy more formula while Emma took a nap. We are burning through the formula! I didn't know what to expect, so I only brought one can of formula. The formula that we buy here smells much different! It kind of smells like vanilla pudding. Hope she doesn't get too spoiled with sugary formula! :)

We also went to a mall or a market that was huge. I think it was 8 levels high. They really pack the stores in there! We got some fun little trinkets for the girls. I brought a toddler carrier on this trip and it has been well used. I have carried Emma in it a lot and it saves my back. I even figured out how to snuggle her in to feed her a bottle while we walked around. After a while, I put Callie in it on my back and she fell asleep. I feel like I have had my workout for the day! Funny thing is, I thought I would work out here. Not the case! No real time, plus I am exhausted at the end of the day anyway. Walking around always carrying someone in the heat can wear you out!

When we came home from the market, we did laundry. That is a job! I will post a picture of us doing it. We do it in the bathtub. We could take it somewhere to be done, but this almost seems easier to figure out. We have laundry hanging everywhere now. I hope we did enough that we won't need to the rest of the trip. We have become experts at doing laundry and washing bottles in our room. Thankfully, we have this pot in our room that boils water to disinfect the bottles,

For the evening, we went on a river boat cruise. It was really cool. The boat we were on was a wooden dragon boat. We had ordered Papa Johns pizza to eat on the boat. The buildings along the river light up and it is really pretty! The tv tower was the coolest. It lights up different colors all the time' there was also these girls making tea and playing instruments on the boat. My girls were mesmerized.

Emma is still just a wonderful little girl. She lives crawling all around our hotel room saying "ahh". She says it with a question mark at the end. We have been trying to kiss her all week, but she has not responded to that. Tonight, she would lean forward with her mouth closed and say mmm... So she gave us kisses!

1 comment:

  1. It is great to see you all and the adventures you are having. We think of you daily and have been checking your blog. So thankful things are going well and looking forward to meeting Emma. Thanks for sharing the adventure with us all.

    ReplyDelete